Monday, January 30, 2012

The Art of the Black and Yellow Remix

So its Super Bowl season, and with Super Bowl season comes the inevitable period where we have to hear celebrities celebrate their undying fair-weather love for the teams that they didn't give a fuck about 2 months ago.  Birdman and 50 Cent have already had at this one a little bit.  They just decided that 1 million dollars was a fair amount to wager on the game.  I wasn't aware that Birdman's upbringing in uptown New Orleans would lead to his steadfast die-hard patriots fanhood.  Oh thats because it fucking didn't.  I'll call you out.  I'm not afraid of those teardrops under your eye.  No fear here on UTBR.  Come get some Birdman.  And as for 50 Cent, the same applies.  I get that your from New York and this and that, yeah ok, I got ya.  Maybe this deal will help people remember you as someone who did something other than write the timeless "In Da Club".  But the dude promised to tweet a naked picture of himself if they lost.  Seriously 50?  If people really can't imagine what's going on underneath 50's size 36's then I don't know what to tell you.  I won't tell you where to go to find this picture but let's just say if you google  "Visanthe Shiancoe Naked Locker Room" you'll find something comparable.

Rappers are BY FAR the worst sports fans I've ever seen.  Don't even get me started on Drake liking the Miami Heat because I take it as an insult to my country.  We fucking GAVE you a professional sports town in your foreign city Drake.  We gave that shithole Toronto a professional sports franchise, and you can't even appreciate it?  If you weren't featured in Weezy's HYFR I would completely add you to the UTBR hate-list.

But this brings me to my real point.  Blaine and I were discussing team-affiliated songs the other day, and decided that it was time for the Black and Yellow remixes to be laid to rest.  The song that became famous as the Steeler-Nation's anthem last year, Young Wizzle's Black and Yellow was countered by apparent Packers' fan(?) (Another Louisiana product with an apparent allegiance confusion) Lil Wayne's Green and Yellow, and it started a whole sports-beef in the rap community.  Well, as you probably know by this point in the article, I consider myself kind of a rap-game expert (Probably because of my prep school education and my address being located in an elevated tax bracket), and all this beef has been just totally whack yo.  But on some real shit, them dudes was making some real-ass tracks fa sho.

Then there was the influx of Black and Yellow remixes that really sealed the deal for me.  People would remake that song for everything.  What do you want for breakfast dude, "Eggs and bacon, eggs and bacon, eggs and bacon. Uh huh.  You know what it is."  Shit was funny for a little while and then this dude made this song, and that was it for me.  I was off the bandwagon.  Not to mention the countless people that tried to fit too many or too few syllables into the overplayed chorus. "Red, orange, black, and purple" cannot be a Black and Yellow Remix, guys.

So now we got this.  The real Superbowl.  Who's got the better, or funnier anthem:  Blue and Red (too few syllables) vs. Pat City.  We'll let the people decide.  Which one of these lyrical beauties has the edge.






-ACL Blues


1 comment:

  1. [insert one-liner here]. sorry ive been having an off day with my humor and wanted to get a comment in before it becomes overdue.

    ReplyDelete